Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Rant For The day


Hey Everybody!

It's a beautiful day here once again Michigan! Blues skies, and abundant sunshine. Just the way I like it.  I thought I would get a post out before I put my 3 miles in.  I am procrastinating a little because the as beautiful as it is right now, it is only 36 degrees f. and I don't like the cold much.
Yesterday while out on my jog, I became aware of all the junk and garbage the folks around here are throwing out their car windows while driving down my road!  It really makes me angry! As I went along I saw wine bottles, cigarettes packages, junk from Burger King and McDonalds, as I approached the corner I saw a white kitchen bag that was tied neatly in a knot. On closer examination I found out that it contained dirty diapers!  On the other side of the road, there were a pair of mens boxers, a Halloween ourfit, a shoe and a baby stroller!!  What to Heck??!  I think before Friday I am going to clean all this trash ! It's ugly and it's also dangerous!
I would love to put a huge sign up on the corner  " Stop throwing JUNK out of your windows"!! 
Do you have an area near your home where people throw their junk?? I thought it was just a big city thing, that was the norm in Grand Rapids, but here???

Will be posting a all new What's For Dinner this week and also a new cupcake!! Stay tuned =o)
Have a great day everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Please be carefull cleaning that up. You dont know what deseases or germs might be lurking in that trash. Also I would notify whoever is in charge in the municipality or whatever so that next time, the proper people clean it up instead of good samaritan SUE!...Maybe they will post signs for huge trash fines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True that, but it irks me like crazy why people do this!!? I hate running down a beautiful country road and seeing trash all over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree. Some mornings I wake up to find people have thrown their timmies cups out on my lawn while driving by or food containers and it really irks me too!. How rude!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, its the same way here. When I take walks with chloë i have seen the craziest stuff. I am trying to teach Chloë about throwing garbage away...I am starting a little early but I want it to be instilled in her. While walking around our complex I let her help pick up garbage, nothing too disgusting, just wrappers, I dont let her touch the real icky stuff. But it's just depressing, isn't it? People throwing garbage on the ground thinking someone else will pick it up. Makes me want to go throw all of their garbage on their lawn and see how much they like it then.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you and have a great day!