Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's What's For Dinner Tonight- Beef Barley Soup!

This is quick barley, there is also Pearl Barley which has to cook a whole lot longer!


This is one of my childrens very favorites!

1 lb stew beef or left over roast beef
8 cups water
1 pkg beef bouillon- I usually cook it down for an  hour or so, taste it and adjust the flavor
1 cup celery
1 cup carrots
1 cup onion
1/2 cup barley
1/4 cup parsley
salt and pepper, to taste
garlic to taste (optional)

Brown beef In 2 tbsp. oil. Add 8 cups water to pot and boil, then simmer 1 1/2 hours. Remove meat and shred. Dissolve bouillon in 1/2 cup of water. Add vegetables and bouillon to pot. Add barley, parsley spices and meat.
Simmer until barley is cooked.

4 comments:

  1. I also love chicken noodle with homemade noodles, ahhh ok made I just love homemade noodles!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, I love this soup! Thanks for posting the recipe, it was always one of my favorites at home!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you and have a great day!