Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, February 14, 2011

Swiss Steak It's so easy!!

"This was my favorite growing up. I was amazed when I was older and asked my mom for the recipe how easy it is! A small amount of prep. time, a day in the slow cooker, and you'll be amazed! It sounds too simple to be good... trust me! This gets rave reviews when I make it! The amount of vegetables is only an estimate. Use as many or as few as you choose. When it's done, you will have a yummy gravy, and will have to carefully dig for the steak pieces."

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • paprika to taste
  • 2 pounds beef cube steaks  (I use round steak)
  • 3 green bell pepper, sliced into rings
  • 3 red bell pepper, sliced into rings
  • 4 onions, sliced into rings
  • 4 (14.5 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes (I also only use tomatoes Juice) 1 lg. can

Directions

  1. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. In a bowl, mix the flour, salt and pepper, and paprika. Dredge the steaks in the flour mixture, and place in the skillet. Brown steaks on both sides, and remove from heat.
  2. In a slow cooker, alternate layers of steak, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, onion, and tomatoes.or tomatoe juice
  3. Cover, and cook 6 to 8 hours on Low, until steaks are very tender

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and have a great day!